Pinery Eco-Immersion Experience
Pinery’s Senior Park Interpreters invite groups of students and educators to engage in an Eco-Immersion Experience, in partnership with Ontario Parks. Classroom visits, day trips to Pinery, or facilitated discussions over video conference will allow students to spend time learning outside. For more information, or to book a program, please email PineryNaturalists@ontario.ca or call the Visitor Centre at (519) 243-8537.
What is an Eco-Immersion Experience?
Our three phase programming will address curriculum through experience, by learning about natural history and resource management at Pinery! Students will spend time outside, while learning about relevant unit topics. Teachers can collaborate with Senior Park Interpreters to develop a program to meet the needs of the class.
How can my class participate?
Groups must register in advance if they wish to participate in programs with a naturalist. Programs are first come first served. To make the booking process easier, have this information available when scheduling a program:
• Email address to which field trip information and activities can be sent
• Three preferred field trip dates and arrival times
• Program selected from our list, including learning goals or unit to be addressed
• Grade level of the students
• Number of participants
• Method of transportation to the park, including number of buses
• Lunch and snack time requirements
• Contact number for the trip organizer
Ask us about how we can make programs accessible to all students! We will help you plan a trip that fits the needs of your class.
Notice of cancellation must be given at least 2 days prior to the scheduled trip.
In the event of severe weather and school closures, your trip will be rescheduled.
Please inform us if you are running late.